The following sets out what you need to know about our personal handling practices at MP Paradise Pools and Spas
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MIGHT COLLECT FROM YOU AND WHY.
- Account information such as name, address, postal code, email address and phone number. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products and services, provide relevant advertising, administer contests or promotions you enter and respond to your enquiries.
- Collect credit card or banking information if required to complete a sale.
- Usage information such as product or service preferences, purchase history, time spent and other customer engagement information to better understand your preferences and help us develop better products and services.
- Social media identifiers including both personal and non-personally identifying information you may provide by using social media sharing and log-in features. You can control what information you share through some social networking sites’ privacy settings.
WE ASSUME YOU HAVE GIVEN US IMPLIED CONSENT FOR SOME USES:
- By purchasing any of our products or using any of our services, we assume you consent to receive the products and services and information relevant to them including service notifications, personalized content and services, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our products, services, promotions and loyalty programs.
USES YOU CAN EXPLICITLY CONSENT TO:
- You may opt-in to receive additional services such specialized sales email or marketing communications from our us based on your areas of interest. Your email address is not shared with any third parties and will only be used by MP Paradise Pools and Spas.
VALUE YOU MAY RECEIVE:
- MP Paradise Pools and Spas relies on customer information and insight to improve our products and services and to make our websites and applications easier to navigate.
- It also helps us customize your experience by delivering content, messages and advertising that are relevant to you.
WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU WISH TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from marketing and/or service email communications from MP Paradise Pools and Spas please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. You must call Customer Service to provide an alternate method of contacting you should you wish to unsubscribe from certain email services we consider essential to your service such as billing notices, delivery notices, or service sheduling
- Information you provided to MP Paradise Pools and Spas, through social network integration features, such as Facebook Connect, Twitter, or LinkedIn are governed by the terms of that particular service, and may not automatically be updated by the underlying service in MP Paradise Pools and Spas records.
CONTACTING MP PARADISE POOLS REGARDING YOUR PRIVACY:
6309 Drummond Ave
Niagara Falls, ON
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS POLICY:
- Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, our web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us.
- Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as demographic statistics about MP Paradise Pool and Spa’s customers, or number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
1. THE FINE PRINT
The following sets out some additional detail about MP Paradise Pools and Spa’s business practices as it pertains to your personal information.
MP Paradise Pools and Spas may collect personal information using the following means:
- When you enter information at our tills.
- When you request for any of MP Paradise Pools and Spas’s services or sign up for special features such as contests;
- By using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our site; and
- By conducting surveys
(A) COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier that are placed in your browser in order to store information about your web browsing and usage of a MP Paradise Pools and Spas website (“Cookie Data”). Cookies are used by MP Paradise Pools and Spas to collect and store usage information such as:
- Device IP Address (which does not reveal your identity)
- Usage Data such as the number of page views, frequency of visits, time spent on a particular page and other similar statistics pertaining to your use of our website and services.
If you wish to disable cookies, please see Section 5 “How to disable cookies?” MP Paradise Pools and Spas does not control the activities of other parties and is not responsible for their practices.
(B) SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
If you choose to subscribe to a product or service of MP Paradise Pools and Spas, we will ask you to provide information to complete the sale including name, email, address, telephone number and billing information. We will use your subscription information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics, and to communicate with you about your subscription and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
(C) MOBILE BROWSING
When you access MP Paradise Pools and Spas on your mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet computer, using a web browser we collect similar usage information as we do on other devices. Some mobile devices can transmit location data but MP Paradise Pools and Spas is not able to access that information without your express consent. If you choose to share location data with MP Paradise Pools and Spas, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device.
(D) CONTESTS, PROMOTIONS, SURVEYS AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
(E) SOCIAL MEDIA
2. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
MP Paradise Pools and Spas uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
FULFILL YOUR REQUEST:
To fulfill your request for services. For example, if you request a pool quote from MP Paradise Pools and Spas, we will ask you for your name and delivery address.
PERSONALIZED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES:
To help you discover products and services to provide you with a more interactive service, and to make you personalized offers for MP Paradise Pools and Spas products. For example, we may suggest services and products that are more relevant to your interests and/or needs. We will also suggest content based on your usage data. For example, if you researching salt generators, we may recommend different models or other options.
To understand how users interact with our website, to improve the operation and performance of MP Paradise Pool and Spa’s products and services, to develop new products and services, to detect fraud, and to improve security.
COMMUNICATE OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS:
To communicate with you about MP Paradise Pool and Spa’s offers and promotions. You can withdraw your consent to specific types of email communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of the email message. Note that you will continue to receive communications that directly pertain to your services.
OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE REASONS:
If you provide a complaint to MP Paradise Pools and Spas or send an request to customer service, we will keep the relevant information for the purpose of investigating your complaint or request and responding to you. We generally use your personal information for the purposes of managing, administering, collecting or enforcing your accounts, maintaining business records for a reasonable time and generally managing and administering our business and meeting all relevant Canadian and international regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
3. SECURITY AND DISCLOSURE
MP PARADISE POOLS AND SPAS TAKES STEPS TO HOLD YOUR INFORMATION SECURELY:
MP Paradise Pools and Spas has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial measures to protect the information we collect from loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
5. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but offer a number of ways to control cookie preferences. Typically, users can:
- Disable all cookies (not recommended)
- Require approval each time a website attempts to place a cookie
- Remove cookies manually or have them deleted automatically after a certain period
For step-by-step instructions on how to modify cookie preferences, please consult your browser’s support documentation. You can find instructions for commonly used browsers here: